Last Updated: July 23, 2015
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Instratify collects, uses and discloses only such Personal Information as is required to manage User accounts, to provide the Service, to maintain our customer lists, to respond to User inquiries, for the identification and authentication of Users, for the improvement of the Service, and as required to comply with applicable laws and the requests of law enforcement. Unless otherwise agreed (and subject to any exclusions and disclosures described herein) we will not disclose your Personal Information to any third parties.
“Personal Information” is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, e-mail address and birth date. Instratify collects and stores some Personal Information relating to your account registration, your communications between you and Instratify, your use of the Service and of customer support. Instratify may share information relating to your use of the Service with trusted third parties to help perform statistical analyses or to improve customer support. All such third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Information except to provide these services to Instratify, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
“Non-Personal Information” is non-personally identifiable information, such as your internet protocol address (IP Address), the domain used to access the Site, and aspects of the hardware and software of the device from which you access the Site and the Service. It also includes aggregated information, such as demographic statistics (e.g. average age or geographic distribution of our Users) and anonymized information relating to Users’ use of the Service.
USE OF INFORMATION
Instratify collects Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Registration Information: We collect some Personal Information when you create an account with the Service or signup for our email newsletter, such as your name and email address.
- Marketing Communications: You may opt-in to receive certain communications from us which are not Transactional Notifications and may include details of new products, services, features or news from Instratify and its partners which we think may be of interest to you. You may withdraw your consent to receiving such emails from us at any time by following the opt-out instructions in any such emails, or by contacting Instratify with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Statistics: Instratify may use information about your use of the Service for statistical purposes. This could include data relating to your use of various features of the Service. This information is kept confidential. However, aggregate statistics that incorporate such data and that do not personally identify an individual User may be shared with trusted third parties.
- Hardware & Software Information: Instratify collects some information on the hardware and software of the device through which you access the Site and the Service, such as screen size, operating system version, etc.
DISCLOSURES & TRANSFERS
We use servers that are located in Canada and the United States and accordingly your Personal Information may be available to the Canadian and United States governments or [its/their] respective agencies under a lawful order, irrespective of the safeguards we have put in place for the protection of your Personal Information.
From time to time we may employ third parties to help us improve the Site and/or the Service. These third parties may have limited access to databases of Users’ Personal Information solely for the purpose of helping us to improve the Site and/or the Service and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using the information about our Users for any other purpose.
- We may disclose your Personal Information without your consent if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that doing so is necessary to: (i) conform to the law or to comply with legal process served on Instratify; (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Instratify; (iii) to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be (either intentionally or unintentionally) causing injury to or interference with our rights or property or the rights or property of Users of the Service; and (iv) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our Users or the general public.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, and administrative security measures in order to protect the Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you. You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information, for example, by never sharing your username and password for the Service to anyone else.
The Site and the Service are not intended for use by persons under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information about persons under the age of 13. If you think we have collected such information, please contact us and we will remove such information from our systems.
AMENDMENTS TO THIS POLICY
ACCESS AND ACCURACY
Upon receipt of a written request from you, we will provide you with a copy of what Personal Information of yours that we have on file. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner. To avoid delays in obtaining a record of your Personal Information, please provide sufficient detail to permit us to identify you and the specific information that you are requesting. Please note that in certain limited circumstances we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you, such as where the requested information also pertains to another User or other third party or where it contains confidential commercial information. In such circumstances we will provide the reasons for the denial of your request.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, or if you find any errors in your Personal Information that we have on record, please contact us at: email@example.com.